Friday, January 30, 2009

My first meeting in SL

Only few days after my arrival I had my first meeting in SL about how to use and create holodecks in a virtual environment.

This was an absolutely amazing experience. I joined the session at 10 pm, kind of stressed on how it would be and if I would possibly be able to follow and interact with other people.

Then I saw all the people arriving for the session and funny enough you already feel like being part of community. And that is truly interesting, because giving the participants this feeling of "belonging" will help foster the learning process.

The time of the meeting almost flew and I can tell that sometimes even in a f2f context 2 hours might be a real long time....

Now talking about the content of the session I am actually still impressed about what I saw, with a fingertip you change the context, layout of your environment, you move from the Southpole to a Japanese Tea house in less than second. How could you possibly do that in a real environment.

I think in the future this will open many opportunities for creating learning environments that are perfectly adapted to the target audience and the content.

For me this was a great start and a truly inspiring experience and I am looking forward to more...

No comments:

Post a Comment